St. Simon The Tanner Monastery (The Cave Church) & Zabbaleen City Tour in Cairo
Visit the Monastery of Saint Simon, also known as the Cave Church of Zabbaleen. It is located in Mokattam Mountain, a short drive through the so-called “Garbage City’ – a large population of garbage collectors or Zabbaleen that live there.
Visit the Monastery of Saint Simon through Garbage City, to the Cave Church and its stunning sculptures together with the story of its history- this was The Cave Church area itself has a few surprises for you, also known as the Cave Church of Zabbaleen. Several churches have been built into the caves found in Mokattam, First, we visit, Saint Simon the Tanner Hall and St. Mark’s Church.
This huge cave was discovered in the year 1974. It was full of hundreds of tons of stones even up to the ceiling of the cave (which is 17 meters high from the ground), and was later prepared to contain The upper Hall which is the St. Simon the Tanner Hall, with seating capacity of 2000 people for spiritual meetings. The walls are decorated with many wonderful pictures engraved on the rocks representing scenarios from the Bible
Then we continue and visit the Cathedral of Virgin Mary and St. Simon the Tanner.
- St. Simon The Tanner Monastery
- Al Zabbaleen City
- Transfers & tours all over Egypt are operated in an A/C van.
- Guiding fees for English (Or another language) speaking Egyptologist guide.
- All entrance fees to all Sightseeing, as mentioned in our program.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Pyramid’s chamber
- Anything not mentioned above
Prices Per Person
|1||2 – 4||5 – 8||9 – 15||16 – 32|
|95 USD||65 USD||55 USD||50 USD||45 USD|
Children Policy – Child traveling with two accompanying adults will pay the following:
- 0 Years to 1.99 years of age: Free of charge.
- 2 years to 4.99 years of age: 50% from the full rate.
- 5 years to 11.99 years of age: 75% from the full rate
- 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person.
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.