Cairo Highlights Tour: Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, Citadel of Saladin, Khan El Khalili Tour in Cairo
The Giza pyramid complex & The Sphinx
The Giza pyramid complex, is the site on the Giza Plateau consist of the Great Pyramid of Giza also known as the Pyramid of Cheops or Khufu, the Pyramid of Khafre, and the Pyramid of Menkaure, along with their associated pyramid complexes and the Great Sphinx of Giza. They are made of limestone and granite. They have constructed-in 2560-2580 BC.
The Pyramid of Khufu is huge when you look at it from ground level even at today’s standards. It is possible to enter it. We opted not to enter it because it is known to be empty inside. We were taken to a photo spot where tourists can pose with the 3 pyramids in the background.
After the pyramid visit, we went to the sphinx. The Sphinx is a limestone statue of a reclining sphinx, a mythical creature with the body of a lion and the head of a human. The face of the Sphinx is generally believed to represent the pharaoh, Khafre. It is a monolith carved into the bedrock of the plateau, which also served as the quarry for the pyramids and other monuments in the area. The body of the lion up to its neck is fashioned from softer layers that have suffered considerable disintegration caused by wind and wind-blown sand. The one-meter-wide nose on the face is missing. Archeologists who performed a study concluded that it was broken with instruments at an unknown time between the 3rd and 10th centuries
The Egyptian Museum
This famous museum houses the world’s largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts (more than 120,000 items on display) featuring the famous Tutankhamun collection with its beautiful gold death mask and sarcophagus and the royal Mummy room, which houses an additional eleven Pharaonic dignitaries.
The Citadel of Saladin
This massive stone fortress, built by Salah ad-Din in the 12th century, was crowned with the Mosque of Mohammed Ali 700 years later.
Khan El Khalili Market
Located in the heart of Islamic Cairo, this busy and colorful open-air bazaar is filled with unique and exotic items from spices and perfumes to jewelry and souvenirs.
- The Giza pyramid complex & The Sphinx
- The Egyptian Museum
- The Citadel of Saladin
- Khan El Khalili Market
- Transfers & tours all over Egypt are operated in an A/C van.
- Guiding fees for English (Or another language) speaking Egyptologist guide.
- All entrance fees to all Sightseeing, as mentioned in our program.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Pyramid’s chamber
- Anything not mentioned above
Prices Per Person
|1||2 – 4||5 – 8||9 – 15||16 – 32|
|150 USD||95 USD||70 USD||65 USD||60 USD|
Children Policy – Child traveling with two accompanying adults will pay the following:
- 0 Years to 1.99 years of age: Free of charge.
- 2 years to 4.99 years of age: 50% from the full rate.
- 5 years to 11.99 years of age: 75% from the full rate
- 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person.
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.