Nubian Village Tour in Aswan
>> Tour Highlights
Aswan 4 Hours
Visit the Nubian Village by motorboat. See Soheil Island and the Aswan Dam from the water, then learn about local culture by meeting a Nubian family.
>> Tour Description
Visit a traditional community on the west banks of the Nile River the Nubian Village Tour is going to be by motorboat. See Soheil Island and the Aswan Dam from the water, then learn about local culture by meeting a Nubian family. This tour includes pickup and drop-off at your Aswan hotel or Nile cruise.
Select the departure time that suits your schedule, and start the tour with pickup at your hotel or cruise ship in Aswan. Transfer to the Nile River jetty, where you’ll boat a motorboat for the trip to Gharb Soheil. Find a comfortable seat on the cushioned deck, and spot some of the landmarks at the edge of the Nile River, from the Tombs of the Nobles to the Aswan Botanical Garden and agricultural islands dotted with cows, camels, and fishing shacks. Shortly after passing the First Cataract of the Nile, you’ll reach Gharb Soheil, a Nubian village on the West Bank of the river. You’ll meet a local family to learn about their history, culture, and traditions, sharing a welcome glass of tea, Egyptian coffee, or karkade, a bright pink tea brewed from hibiscus blossoms. Following your time with the family, you’ll have time to visit the village with your guide, taking in the brightly painted houses, and a market full of fresh spices, handmade cotton scarves, and local produce. After an hour at Gharb Soheil, begin the return trip to Aswan. This tour concludes with a drop-off at your Aswan hotel.
The Nubian Village in Aswan is a fascinating tourist destination that showcases the culture and lifestyle of the Nubian people. The tour of the village begins with a boat ride on the Nile River, offering stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Once visitors arrive at the village, they are greeted by friendly locals who are eager to share their culture with visitors. The houses in the village are colorful and decorated with intricate patterns and designs, showcasing the Nubian tradition of art and craftsmanship.
The Nubian people are known for their hospitality, and visitors are often invited to dine with the locals and sample traditional cuisine. The village also has a market where visitors can purchase handmade crafts and souvenirs.
Overall, the Nubian Village in Aswan is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in experiencing Nubian culture and learning about the history of this fascinating region.
>> Tour Availability
Days ->> Available all days.
Locations ->> Available in Aswan.
Price 40 $
- Tour Guide
- Nubian Village fees
- Motor Boat fees.
- Personal expenses.
- What is a Nubian Village Tour?A Nubian Village Tour is a guided tour of the traditional Nubian villages in Aswan, Egypt. It allows visitors to experience the unique culture, lifestyle, and architecture of the Nubian people, who are known for their hospitality, colorful clothing, and unique language.
- How long does the tour take?The tour typically takes around half a day (4 hours), starting in the morning or afternoon and lasting for a few hours.
- What is included in the tour?The tour typically includes transportation from your hotel to the Nubian village, a guided tour of the village, and opportunities to interact with the locals and learn about their culture, music, dance, and traditional cuisine.
- Is the tour suitable for children?Yes, the tour is suitable for children, and they will enjoy meeting the friendly Nubian children and playing with them.
- What should I wear for the tour?It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, sunscreen, and a hat or scarf to protect from the sun. Women should also cover their shoulders and knees out of respect for the Nubian customs.
- Is it safe to visit the Nubian village?Yes, it is safe to visit the Nubian village. The Nubian people are known for their hospitality and kindness, and tourists are welcomed warmly in their villages.
- Can I buy souvenirs in the Nubian village?Yes, there are many souvenir shops in the Nubian village selling traditional Nubian crafts, jewelry, and clothing. You can also buy locally-made spices, herbs, and tea.
- Do I need to tip my guide?Tipping is not mandatory, but it is appreciated if you feel that your guide has provided excellent service and helped you to have a great experience in the Nubian village.